On Sunday 22nd May 2016, almost 18,000 riders rolled across the start line in the heart of Cardiff to embark on a closed road cycling course that took on some of Wales’ most breathtaking scenery. By offering a challenging route, the Velothon Wales was the perfect endurance test whilst fundraising for a worthy cause.
Combining a closed road sportive alongside a UCI sanctioned professional race, the 2016 Velothon Wales certainly delivered what it promised with a truly spectacular weekend of cycling.
Key Velothon Facts:
- Up to 18,000 riders
- Challenging route with spectacular scenery
- Completely closed roads, ensuring a safe cycling experience
- Top level professional race featuring some of the world’s most famous teams and riders
- Iconic City Centre start and finish
- King and Queen of the Mountains challenge
- Multiple feed stations & mechanical support along the route
- Cycling festival with expo that will welcome the biggest brands with all the latest gear
- Thousands of spectators lining the iconic route
The team at Sytner Cardiff lead the charge, providing all of the official race vehicles - including the stunning i8 which was the lead car for the event.
Click Here to visit Sytner BMW Facebook Page to see all the photos from the event.