We may receive information about you:
- If you contact us directly, via our website or our customer services teams - through applying for one of our products or services, or to make an enquiry or other request.
- From our network of franchised dealers, to whom you have given your information.
- Occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass to us information about you.
- If you apply for a position within Sytner Group Limited.
We may use your information (which we receive from you or third parties, or information that we learn about you from the way you use our products or services), for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to:
- To provide or manage any information, products or services you have asked for.
- To help us identify you when you contact us.
- For general administration purposes.
- To help us improve the quality of our products and services.
- To help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering.
- To help us recover debts.
- To carry out analysis and customer profiling.
- To identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about our products and services (please see below).
We may share your information for any of these purposes with:
- Our other group companies in the UK and abroad.
- Authorised franchised dealerships within the Sytner Group Limited network.
- Our carefully chosen business partners who provide products or services under one of our group companies.
- Our service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf, such as marketing agencies and data management firms.
We may also pass your information to third parties:
- If we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes.
- In relation to existing or future legal proceedings.
- In the process of selling one or more of our businesses, or to anyone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you.
- For the purpose of preventing fraud/loss, for example to fraud prevention agencies.
Informing you about our products and services:
We may use your information to contact you with news on products or services provided/sold by Sytner Group Limited and products and services provided by other group companies, (or our carefully selected business partners), which may be of interest to you and occasionally for market research purposes.
We and these other parties may contact you by post, phone, e-mail, SMS and other electronic means.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us on products and services by ticking the appropriate box (if providing your information on www.sytner.co.uk), or at any time by calling the dealership you provided your information to in the first instance (dealership contact details can be found on this website). Alternatively you can contact Sytner Group Limited directly on 0116 282 1000, or write to us: Database Manager, Sytner Group Limited, 2 Penman Way, Grove Park, Leicester, LE19 1ST.
We may inform you when inviting you to provide your personal details, that by providing these details you will be indicating your agreement to receive marketing communication by these means. If you give us your agreement and subsequently wish to opt out, you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all of our marketing communication, or you can contact us at any time at the address or telephone number above.
Please be aware that if you opt out of marketing communications received from one dealership within the Sytner Group network, your personal information may also be held by another dealership within Sytner Group Limited, you will continue to receive information from that dealership until such time as you opt out of marketing activity from that dealership specifically.
Please note if you purchase a vehicle from a franchised dealership that is not part of the Sytner Group network, or otherwise give your information to such a dealership, or to a manufacturer directly, you will have a separate relationship with that organisation in respect of the use of your data and you will need to contact the organisation concerned, in relation to any request you may have in regards to that organisations use of your data.
The range of products and services offered by Sytner Group Limited, group companies or selected business partners include, but is not limited to:
- Vehicle sales.
- Motor related products and services, including (amongst other things) vehicle aftersales care, finance, leasing and ancillary insurances, vehicle accessories, vehicle emergency service, vehicle warranties and motor insurance.
- Personal finance products.
Our group companies trading in the UK include:
ALPINA GB LIMITED
ASCOT GARAGE COMPANY LIMITED
ASTON GREEN LIMITED
Automotive Strategy Limited
Central Garage (Surrey) Limited
CRUICKSHANK MOTORS LIMITED
DONALD HEALEY MOTOR COMPANY LIMITED
First Front (Wimbledon) Limited
FW MAYS & COMPANY LIMITED
GOODMAN RETAIL LIMITED (FORMERLY GOODMAN LEEDS LIMITED)
GRAYPAUL MOTORS LIMITED
GUY SALMON HIGHGATE LIMITED
GUY SALMON HONDA LIMITED
GUY SALMON JAGUAR LIMITED
HALLAMSHIRE MOTOR COMPANY LIMITED
HUGHENDEN MOTOR COMPANY LIMITED
JOHN FOX LIMITED
KINGS MOTORS LIMITED
Mar Parts Limited
MARANELLO CONCESSIONAIRES LIMITED
MARANELLO SALES LIMITED
Natures Farm (UK) Limited
OXFORD MAZDA LIMITED
PEARLSHADOW LIMITED - dormant
PROPHETS (GERRARDS CROSS) LIMITED
PROPHETS GARAGE LIMITED
R STRATTON & CO LIMITED
R STRATTON (KNUTSFORD) LIMITED
RECTORY ROAD LIMITED
RHD Finance Limited
RIDING GARAGES LIMITED
Rybridge Cars Limited
Ryburn Cars Limited
Rycom Vehicles Limited
RYCROFT VEHICLES LIMITED
Rydale Cardiff Limited
Rydale Cars Limited
Ryland Cars Limited
RYLAND GROUP LIMITED
RYLAND GROUP SERVICES LIMITED
RYLAND INVESTMENTS LIMITED
Ryland Leasing Limited
Ryland North West Limited
RYLAND PROPERTIES LIMITED
Ryland Vehicles Limited
SHIRES (COVENTRY) LIMITED
SP Towcester Limited
Sunningdale Carriage Company Limited
SYTNER CARS LIMITED
SYTNER CITY LIMITED
SYTNER COVENTRY LIMITED
SYTNER DIRECT LIMITED
SYTNER EQUALS PRESTIGE CARS LIMITED
SYTNER FINANCE LIMITED - SVC
SYTNER GROUP LIMITED
SYTNER HOLDINGS LIMITED
SYTNER LONDON LIMITED
SYTNER OF LEICESTER LIMITED
SYTNER OF NOTTINGHAM LIMITED
SYTNER ONLINE LIMITED
Sytner Properties (Cribbs Causeway) Limited
SYTNER PROPERTIES (GROVE PARK) LIMITED
SYTNER PROPERTIES (HAROLD WOOD) LIMITED
SYTNER PROPERTIES (RIVERSIDE) LIMITED
SYTNER PROPERTIES LIMITED
SYTNER RETAIL LIMITED
SYTNER SHEFFIELD LIMITED
The Caxton Engineering Company Limited
Thomson & Taylor (Brooklands) Limited
TOYOTA WORLD LIMITED
UAG UK HOLDINGS LIMITED
UNITED AUTO GROUP UK LIMITED
WILLIAM JACKS LIMITED
WILLIAM JACKS PROPERTIES LIMITED
William Jacks Services Limited
WOODCOTE PROPERTIES LIMITED
YARNOLDS OF STRATFORD LIMITED
Zycor 16 Limited
Zycor 17 Limited
Zycor 18 Limited
Zycor 5 Limited
Sytner Group Limited internet sites:
We try to keep our websites secure. However you recognise when providing your information to us through our websites, or when you send us or ask us to send you any of your confidential information by e-mail, that the internet and e-mail communications over the internet may not be secure. Sytner Group Limited cannot be responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet, which is beyond our control.
When you visit our web site, our web server automatically records your IP address, the web site from which you visit us, the web pages you actually visit and the date and length of your visit. Personal data is only stored if volunteered by you, for example in the context of an enquiry, a survey, entering a promotional contest etc.
A ‘cookie’ is a piece of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk, so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content of our site to match your preferred interests; including any ‘favourite vehicles’ or ‘vehicle comparisons’ you may save.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Two types of cookies may be used on Sytner Group Limited internet sites: session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for longer, (how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our websites if cookies are disabled.
You can find information on how to disable or enable cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org.
When providing information to Sytner Group Limited:
You are responsible for informing us of any change in your details, such as a change of address. You have a right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
You have a right to ask what information we hold about you. We may charge you a small fee for this (the statutory fee is currently £10).
Please contact the dealership which you have received correspondence from for these purposes.
If you are under 16 please do not provide us with any personal information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
All correspondence including but not limited to, telephone calls and e-mails to Sytner Group Limited companies, may be recorded and/or monitored for training and/or auditing purposes.
Sytner Group Limited uses technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction and against access by unauthorised persons.
In recognition of recently gaining second position in the Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For survey, Sytner Group have made a donation to BEN - an automotive charity who support staff within the automotive and related industries.