International Womens Day
Millie Pretty - Senior Service Advisor
1. How long have you worked for Sytner BMW/MINI? I have been working for Sytner for nearly 8 years. I started as a Trainee Service Advisor and have since developed to a Senior Service Advisor role.
2. How long have you been in your current role? 2 years
3. What is your favourite part about your current role? I really enjoy the brand and being the solution to customer’s problems. I love our customers, getting to know them and seeing them return every year is a delight.
4. What motivates you in the morning? Starting every day with a positive mind set, you project how you feel. If you had a bad day before, draw a line under it and start a fresh day with a positive mental attitude and this will be returned to you.
5. Three words to describe yourself? Resilient, Hardworking and Loyal
6. What is your greatest achievement? Getting on the property ladder and buying a house on my own, my greatest achievement however I believe is still yet to come…
7. What advice would you give to someone aspiring to be in your role? Consistency and hard work pays off. I came into the motor industry with very basic knowledge of cars. I have learned so much whilst being here from the workshop and even got the chance to shadow the Technicians for a few weeks! I thoroughly enjoyed the chance to get some hands on experience! Don’t be put off if you think you don’t have the knowledge as everyone is really helpful and informative.
8. How have you seen the automotive industry landscape change and evolve to engage more women? Even when I started 8 years ago, I would say our Service Advisor team was 50% women, since then these women have progressed into Management roles which is amazing! I think stereotypically people believe it's more a male dominant industry, but this isn't the case anymore.
9. Top tip for how you organise your days? I have a to-do list and prioritise my workload. I usually get to work 15 mins early to prepare for the day ahead.
10. Top tip for working in the automotive industry? Communication is key, keep your customers updated and organise your day.