The conditions of this warranty are set out below. Warranty repairs will only be carried out if you agree to these conditions. Please take time to read them.
- It is your responsibility to decide whether to authorise the dismantling of your vehicle or any covered component. The administrator will only accept the cost of dismantling if it is part of an authorised warranty repair.
- The administrator is not liable for any statement or representation which contradicts the conditions of this warranty unless the statement or representation is supported in writing by the administrator.
- If the warranty repair is not carried out by a Sytner Group repairer the warranty repair cost will not be more than the manufacturer's list prices for parts. Parts which can only be sourced from outside the UK will be reimbursed at the UK price of an equivalent part. Labour costs that are necessary to repair those parts will be reimbursed as per the repairer's warranty labour rate and actual repair times will be limited to those in the latest Glass's Guide ICME manual or the manufacturer's recommended repair times. With every claim you make, you must provide a VAT invoice, made out to Sytner Group Limited, from the repairer authorised to carry out the repair.
- If you don't follow the manufacturer's service schedules or maintain the vehicle as recommended by the manufacturer, this warranty will not apply to the extent that the fault was the result of failure to comply with either the service or maintenance recommendations. When you have your vehicle serviced, you are allowed 1,000 miles either side of the service mileage or four weeks either side of the time period given, whichever comes first. It is important that you retain your service receipts as they may be required to validate any repair request you make. Please note that in the absence of servicing your vehicle at a Sytner Select location, it must beserviced by a VAT registered dealer unless the administrator has agreed otherwise.
- This warranty is valid for breakdown in the United Kingdom (which includes Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man). The warranty is also valid whilst your vehicle is outside the United Kingdom but within the European Union or EFTA for up to 60 days per annum.
- We hope that you are happy with the cover your product provides. However, you have the right to cancel this warranty within 14 days of receiving this warranty handbook and Validation Certificate. If that happens, we will refund your payment in full. Please contact your supplying dealer who will arrange the refund. After this period you can cancel your warranty; however no refund will be paid. In no circumstances will a refund be paid if a claim has been made.
- This warranty does not cover the following:
A. Any vehicle where the speedometer or odometer has been interfered with, altered or disconnected.
B. Repairs, replacements or alterations not authorised by the administrator.
C. Routine servicing or maintenance of a vehicle.
D. Repairs to vehicles which have been modified after the sale of the warranty and that modification has contributed to the failure or has failed itself.
E. Any vehicle used for hire or reward such as taxis, courier, delivery or driving school vehicles, or any commercial vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Weight of more than 3.5 tonnes or a vehicle used in any sort of competition, including track days, rally or racing.
F. Vehicles that are used in a public service capacity (e.g. police vehicles or ambulances).
G. The gradual reduction in operating performance of any part (fair wear and tear) due to the age of the vehicle and/or the number of miles it has covered.
H. Any liability for death, bodily injury, or damage to other property or any loss caused directly or indirectly by the claim or event giving rise to a claim under this warranty provided that this exclusion shall not apply to any death or bodily injury caused by negligence of Sytner Select or its agents.
I. Any damage which is due to any type of accident.
J. Any damage which is a direct result of negligence or of any wilful act by you or any third party other than Sytner Select or its agents.
K. Any parts which are replaced as part of normal servicing requirements.
L. Any damage to parts which are being recalled by the vehicle's manufacturer or which have design faults.
M. Any damage to components due to the use of contaminated or incorrect fuel.
N. Components/repairs covered by any other existing warranties or insurances.
- This contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any and all disputes arising in relation to this contract shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Nothing in these conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or mis-described goods. For further information about your statutory rights contact your local Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
- The period of the warranty is as detailed in the Validation Certificate. It should be noted that in the absence, for whatever reason, of the standard manufacturer's warranty period, the start date and expiry date of this warranty will remain unchanged from that detailed in the Validation Certificate. Additionally, if the warranty starts earlier than the date detailed in the Validation Certificate, because the manufacturer's warranty has expired earlier on mileage, then the expiry date of this warranty shall be earlier and reflect the period of warranty purchased/provided.
Sytner Assistance Breakdown Cover Conditions
Sytner Select Assist does not cover the following:
- Any caravan/trailer where the total length exceeds 23 feet and where it is not attached to the vehicle with a standard towing hitch.
- Contracts not registered with us.
- The cost of any parts, components or materials used to repair the vehicle.
- Any costs or expenses not authorised by our rescue controllers.
- The cost of food, drinks, telephone calls or other incidentals.
- The cost of alternative transport.
- The cost of petrol, oil or insurance for a hire vehicle.
- The recovery of the vehicle and passengers if repairs can be carried out at or near the scene of the breakdown within a reasonable time. If recovery takes effect we will only recover to one address in respect of any one breakdown.
- Overnight accommodation or car hire charges.
- Breakdowns caused by failure to maintain the vehicle in a roadworthy condition including maintenance or proper levels of oil and water. If, in the opinion of our recovery operator, the vehicle is found to be un-roadworthy due to lack of maintenance, unless servicing records can be provided, we may terminate your cover immediately notifying you, by letter, what action we have taken.
- Costs incurred in addition to a standard callout where service cannot be undertaken at the roadside because the vehicle does not carry a serviceable spare wheel, aerosol repair kit, appropriate jack, or the locking mechanisms for the wheels are not immediately available to remove the wheels.
- Any request for service if the vehicle cannot be reached due to snow, mud, sand or flood or where the vehicle is not accessible or cannot be transported safely and legally using a standard transporter.
- Any request for service if the vehicle is being used for motor racing, rallies, public hire, private hire or any contest or speed trial or practice for any of these activities.
- Overloading of the vehicle or carrying more passengers than it is designed to carry.
- Claims not notified prior to expenses being incurred.
- The charges of any other company (including Police recovery) other than our recovery operator.
- Loss or damage to the vehicle or its contents.
- Direct or indirect loss, damage or liability caused by, contributed to or arising from:
A. Ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from an irradiated nuclear fuel or from nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
B. The radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
C. Any results of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, military or usurped power
- Any false or fraudulent claims.
- Failure to comply with requests by us or our recovery operators concerning the assistance being provided.
- Fines and penalties imposed by courts.
- Any charges where you, having contacted us, affect recovery or repairs by other means. Ferry and Toll charges outside of Mainland UK.
- Any claims relating to the following:
A. Vehicles in excess of 35 cwt-3.5 tonnes.
B. Vehicles more than 17 feet long, six feet three inches wide and eight feet high.
- Any service or insurance cover where remedial action has not taken place following a previous breakdown.
- More than six callouts per contract per year.
- Claims totalling more than £2,500 in any one year.
General Sytner Select Assist Conditions
We will provide cover if:
- You have met all the terms and conditions within this contract.
- The information provided to us, as far as you are aware, is correct.The driver of the vehicle must remain with or nearby the vehicle until help arrives.
- We may cancel the contract by sending seven days notice to your last registered address.
- There is no return of contract cost.
Sytner Select Assist is administered by Call Assist Ltd.
Should You wish to contact us, please send your correspondence to:
Call Assist Ltd
North Station Road
SYTNER SELECT ASSIST Helpline 0344 573 8206