Motability is a scheme set up in conjunction with the Government to allow registered disabled people to fund a car using their Government-funded Mobility Allowances.
To find out how the scheme works, whether you are eligible and what vehicle you can fund, see below.
How the scheme works:
- Part or all of your Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance or War Pensioners Mobility Supplement can be used for a car for you.
- If you receive one of the above check your eligibility.
- Once you’re eligible, decide if you would like to Contract Hire a car. Contract Hire allows you to have a choice of a new car every 3 years, insurance and personal accident cover, servicing and maintenance.
- Lastly find the vehicle you can lease from our list below, and get the car that is right for you.
Are you eligible?
- You need to be receiving either...
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance or
- Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment or
- Armed Forces Independance Payment or
- War Pensioners Mobility Supplement.
- For Contract Hire you will need to be receiving your allowance for at least another 12 months.
- If leasing from Motability, if needed, you could also opt out of driving and nominate up to two relatives or friends to drive for you.
- Parents or Carers can also apply on behalf of a child aged three upwards.
- Any proposed drivers must not have had any serious driving convictions, disqualifications, or endorsements within the last five years.
Not meeting the requirements above will lead to non-acceptance.
To check your eligibility yourself, please contact either…
- The Department for Work and Pensions (for Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance and Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment) or
- Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (Armed Forces Independance Payment and for War Pensioners Mobility Supplement).
Which vehicle you can fund:
The following Sytner brands are proud to participate in the Motability Scheme.
Click on the links below to find out more.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
This year has marked another significant milestone in Porsche history, celebrating the 40th anniversary of the first Porsche Turbo model. In addition, 2014 also saw the relaunch of the iconic 911 Targa model. As a result, both models have been included in this year’s Porsche classic restoration competition.