Motability is a scheme set up in conjunction with the Government to allow registered disabled people to fund a car using their Government-funded Mobility Allowances.
To find out how the scheme works, whether you are eligible and what vehicle you can fund, see below.
How the scheme works:
- Part or all of your Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance or War Pensioners Mobility Supplement can be used for a car for you.
- If you receive one of the above check your eligibility.
- Once you’re eligible, decide if you would like to Contract Hire a car. Contract Hire allows you to have a choice of a new car every 3 years, insurance and personal accident cover, servicing and maintenance.
- Lastly find the vehicle you can buy from our list below, and get the car that is right for you.
Are you eligible?
- You need to be receiving either...
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance or
- War Pensioners Mobility Supplement.
- For Contract Hire you will need to be receiving your allowance for at least another 12 months.
- If leasing from Motability, if needed, you could also opt out of driving and nominate up to two relatives or friends to drive for you.
- Parents or Carers can also apply on behalf of a child aged three upwards.
- Any proposed drivers must not have had any serious driving convictions, disqualifications, or endorsements within the last five years.
Not meeting the requirements above will lead to non-acceptance.
To check your eligibility yourself, please contact either…
- The Department for Work and Pensions (for Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance) or
- Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (for War Pensioners Mobility Supplement).
Which vehicle you can fund:
The following Sytner brands are proud to participate in the Motability Scheme.
Click on the links below to find out more.
We look forward to seeing you soon.